Employability Course: Interview Skills (Get Set For Your Job Interview)-OUes003
Job interviews can make anyone nervous. After all, one wants to make the best possible impression one can. But as a school leaver or new graduate, one has an added challenge: little formal job experience. One needs to prove to the employer that one’s studies and university experiences relate to the job one is seeking. As part of the communication skills segment, individuals should work on eye contact, posture, body language, a firm handshake, and interview skills.
The videos cover some ways to help students connect their school or university experiences to an employer’s job requirements and will go over the issues and provide an in-depth analysis of the interviewing process. Students will be expected to have some independent practice with the exercises and quizzes in the accompanying booklets.
To help students understand the importance of body language and appreciate its social implications and understand that appropriate body language can make a huge difference in the connection one makes when one interacts with others.
By watching the videos students will be able to:
- Learn how to choose the career one wants to embark on
- Know one’s strengths and weaknesses
- Research on the career
- Talk to people or professionals who are in the selected field
- Ask for appropriate advice and timely support
- Research the company before doing the interview
- Summarize proper attitude and effort employers are looking for
- The sequence of steps when applying for a job
- Learn which soft skills can help make a difference when going for a job interview
- Develop effective communication skills
- Feel more confident during an interview