Objective and Rationale:
The aim of this program is to enable the learners to earn a high level, specialist qualification, while also acquiring a skill set and expertise that could benefit any individual. In this program, learners will acquire the basic tenets of Criminology. This will prepare them for careers as criminologists or positions in the police service, correctional services, NGOs and the legal system.
General Entry Requirements:
- EITHER “Credit” in at least three subjects at School Certificate or General Certificate of Education O-Level or equivalent and “Pass” in at least two subjects at Higher School Certificate or General Certificate of Education Advanced Level or equivalent;
- OR An appropriate equivalent Diploma/Certificate/Foundation Courses acceptable to the Open University of Mauritius.
- Learners who do not qualify under options I and II may register for Foundation Courses offered by The Open University of Mauritius. Those who complete the Foundation Courses successfully will be eligible for registration for the relevant degree programmes.
- OR Qualifications awarded by other universities and institutions, which are acceptable to the Open University of Mauritius as satisfying the minimum requirements for admission.
- Mature candidates having a strong background of work experience and uncertified learning may be assessed for entry to programmes through the Accreditation of Prior learning (APL) and the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL). Please consult the General Rules and Regulations of the Open University of Mauritius for further details.