The Library is an essential component of a university. It is a primary facility for academics and learners who need access to books, monographs and digital resources. It is also an integral part to the educational experience of learners at all levels.
The Library premises are in two locations, namely at the OU headquarters in Reduit and in the OU campus in Curepipe (OUCC).
Registered learners can consult books or view audio-visual programmes during opening hours.
- To support the curriculum requirements of the University,
- To provide books and other materials to support the work, studies and research of Open University of Mauritius staff and learners
- To provide access to staff and learners of information in a range of formats, including e-books and online journals
- Provision of books (including e-books) and other learning resources to support the work, studies and research of our customers
- Reference service – assisting user in finding information and in research
- Sale of print modules
- Photocopying service
- Collection of learners’ assignments